- When was your nose job performed? – Rhinoplasty procedures that were performed over 15 to 20 years ago employed different techniques. In addition to taking out too much tissue, surgeons also removed more of the underlying support structure as well, which can lead to a droopy look or even cause the structure to collapse. Today, surgeons focus more on saving as much of the framework to ensure the nose has sufficient support to last a lifetime.
- The effects of aging - Even though the nose might have a solid post procedural structure, like the rest of our bodies it is vulnerable to the adverse effects of aging. But, when a rhinoplasty is performed carefully, several aging signs can be significantly reduced.
Will one's nose change shape over time?
If a nose job is carried out properly, the nose should hold its shape for a lifetime. While the swelling subsides within the first few weeks, over the course of the first year, there is a lot of healing and change that takes place before the nose becomes refined. So you may notice the appearance of your nose changing gradually before it adjusts to its final profile.
In case there are any issues with collapse, twisting, or irregularities, this will show within the first year itself, so you may require a second rhinoplasty to correct any problems that do arise.
The perfect nose job is a combination of surgical skills and favorable tissue, which will then deliver naturally beautiful results that should last. So it is imperative that only a highly qualified and experienced surgeon performs your nose job to maximize the chance of this happening.
Factors that will improve the longevity of your rhinoplasty
Since the nose is naturally subject to change over time, there are several steps you can take to ensure the results of your Beverly Hills rhinoplasty endure, including:
- Follow a proper skin care regiment as advised by your surgeon
- Lead a healthy lifestyle to slow down the natural aging process
- While playing sports, wear protective headgear
- Use adequate sun protection
Your Highly-Trained Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Meet Dr. Torkian
Dr. Behrooz Torkian is one of the best rhinoplasty and facial surgeons in Beverly Hills. In addition to being a double board certified plastic surgeon, including in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, he is highly specialized in rhinoplasty and has garnered widespread recognition and an expansive client base in Los Angeles thanks to his exceptional artistic skill and work ethic. And he will design a customized rhinoplasty for you that delivers an enhanced facial aesthetic and a naturally beautiful result.
So if you want one of the best plastic surgeons in Los Angeles performing your rhinoplasty, get in touch with us today to schedule your appointment. Gift yourself a safe and effective procedure that will restore your confidence and improve the quality of your life.Learn More