Rhinoplasty Recovery & Healing
Despite the fact that a rhinoplasty only addresses a very small portion of the body, there is still a substantial post-operative recovery period patients should understand. They should also understand that during the recovery period, Dr. Torkian’s office is at their disposal to help with anything needed. In addition to follow-up visits, our entire staff is united toward your successful rhinoplasty recovery. We are available to each patient at any point following a surgery, even if that requires seeing them years afterward. With our superlative, caring approach toward our patients, we have earned a reputation for providing the best rhinoplasty Beverly Hills has to offer—before, during and after the procedure.
Rhinoplasty Recovery Overview
While every patient is different, most recoveries follow the same basic timeline. Variations may be due to the severity of the rhinoplasty, like if the patient received a revision rhinoplasty or an extensive cosmetic adjustment, or the patient’s natural ability to heal. In any case, below is the average expectation for most patients undergoing rhinoplasty at Dr. Torkian’s office:
- The initial stages of recovery are marked by swelling and thickness of the skin. This is apparent immediately after surgery and may persist for several weeks after the procedure. It is during this time that the internal tissues are settling into their permanent positions.
- While the swelling typically resolves after several weeks, there is generally a fluctuation that is seen over the following months in addition to a slow and gradual reduction in skin thickness. This is completely normal, and patients should not be concerned if slight swelling returns.
- Final rhinoplasty results are generally seen within nine to twelve months after surgery. During these months, the tissues are remodeling, healing and thinning out to reveal the true appearance of the new nasal structure, which may have been previously hidden by swelling and skin thickness.
- In some cases, Dr. Torkian may use steroids to help resolve the swelling and allow the tissues to heal properly.
During the entire recovery period, our office is here for you. If there are any questions or concerns that arise, you can call or email us and we will give you immediate assistance. By caring for our patients long after their surgery is over, we strive to provide the best nose surgery Beverly Hills has to offer.
Before & Afters
The only way to truly evaluate a surgeon's skill and ability is to look at samples of their previous work. Click on the button below to see our gallery of before and after pictures from actual patients previously treated by Dr. Torkian.View Gallery
The recovery process was exactly how Dr. Torkian said it would be, and I felt comfortable calling the office with any questions I had. I only had surgery two weeks ago and I already notice amazing changes. My biggest fear in getting my nose done was that it would change how I looked completely. It didn't. My nose turned out exactly how I wanted it and I don't look like a whole new person, just a better version of myself!Patient Testimonial
Comprehensive Rhinoplasty Consultation
In order to get the best results from rhinoplasty, Dr. Torkian performs a comprehensive consultation. The purpose of this consultation is twofold:
- Establish Your Desired Rhinoplasty Results
- Combine your desired results with Dr. Torkian’s professional knowledge, creating the ideal treatment plan
As part of your initial consultation, Dr. Torkian will thoroughly review the healing process and answer any questions you may have. In this way, his patients know exactly what to expect and are well prepared for the post-operative recovery. In most cases, Dr. Torkian prepares his patients so well that the recovery period is actually milder than they expected. Total preparation is just one way in which Dr. Torkian ensures his patients receive the best outcome from rhinoplasty and have the smoothest rhinoplasty recovery process.
Your Highly-Trained Beverly Hills Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Meet Dr. Torkian
There are few Beverly Hills rhinoplasty surgeons more qualified to deliver rhinoplasty than Dr. Torkian. After earning his medical degree, virtually all his training has been concentrated on two fields: facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, and head and neck surgery, otherwise known as Otolaryngology.
As a board certified specialist in both fields, Dr. Torkian can help with virtually any cosmetic or functional issue in the nose. With his knowledge extending deep below the skin into the intracranial structures, rhinoplasty with Dr. Torkian is not only cosmetically effective, it is also among the safest procedures Beverly Hills has to offer.Meet Dr. Torkian
Schedule a Consultation
If you are considering a rhinoplasty, your next step is a consultation with Dr. Torkian. During the consultation, his purpose is to educate you by answering your questions and giving you professional insight regarding what a rhinoplasty can do for you. In this way, you can get all necessary data to make an educated decision. With his gentle approach and calm, certain demeanor, Dr. Torkian provides among the best nose job Beverly Hills has to offer. Please call us to set an appointment.