For patients about to undergo any kind of surgical procedure, preparation plays a key role
in ensuring the best possible outcome.
Once your surgical procedure is scheduled, our office will provide you with plenty of materials that cover specific preparatory actions. If you have any questions at any point before your surgery, our office is available to you. We will ensure that you are completely prepared before surgery, allowing you to have peace of mind on the day of your procedure.
- We’ve included a few basic guidelines below to give you an idea of what will be expected:
- Stop smoking 3 weeks prior to surgery
- Stop drinking 3 weeks prior to surgery
- Start a healthy diet 3 weeks prior to surgery
- Certain medications cannot be taken for 2 weeks both before and after the surgery, including Ibuprofen, anti-inflammatory drugs and anti-coagulants. Our office will provide you with a full list.
- Begin a vitamin regimen 2 weeks prior to surgery
- No food or drink after midnight the night before your procedure
While this is a general overview, it should help you understand the amount of preparation that will be asked of you. If you have any questions about specific aspects of your preparation, please call our office.