Whether you’re happy with the nose you’re born with or are interested in making some changes to enhance its appearance, there are various types of rhinoplasty procedures in Beverly Hills that can help you achieve your goals. Surgery is not necessarily required to improve minor imperfections or certain aesthetic concerns of the nose. Liquid rhinoplasty is one of several nonsurgical nose job procedures that people from all over enjoy. Nose job surgery is immensely popular among adults of all ages.
What Is Liquid Rhinoplasty?
Liquid rhinoplasty, also known as non-surgical rhinoplasty or an injectable nose job, involves the injection of injectable facial fillers into different areas of the nose to alter its shape and size.
Hyaluronic acid facial fillers act similarly to the collagen in the skin to provide temporary yet long-lasting and natural-looking results that patients love. Juvederm, Radiesse, and Restylane Silk are the most common injectables used for liquid rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills at Torkian Facial Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Behrooz A. Torkian recommends the procedure to individuals who want slight to moderate changes made to their noses without altering their underlying structure. Using facial fillers, Dr. Torkian can enhance the shape and size of the tip of the nose, improve the appearance of the nasal bridge, give the nose a more symmetrical appearance, and smooth or minimize bumps and humps in the nasal profile.
Liquid nose job treatments are very effective at correcting bumps, crookedness, and other cosmetic issues of the nose and come with far fewer risks than surgery. But it does not correct functional concerns like structural defects or abnormalities within the bone and cartilage of the nose itself. Anyone interested in rhinoplasty for both cosmetic and functional purposes should consider nose job surgery.
How Is Liquid Rhinoplasty Performed?
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is an in-office treatment that often takes less than 30 minutes to perform, depending on the amount of work necessary to achieve the patient’s aesthetic goals. A local anesthetic is provided to each patient before treatment to help them relax and minimize any potential discomfort. Because liquid rhinoplasty does not involve incisions or significant downtime for patients, they can resume their normal activities right away.
Although patients can resume their regular activities right away, it is best to avoid putting pressure on the treatment area for one to two weeks. In some cases, patients may also be advised to gently massage their noses. Dr. Torkian informs patients of how to care for their noses to preserve their results and avoid complications before and after their procedure and provides written instructions for them to refer to at home.
What Are the Risks of Liquid Rhinoplasty?
Despite its popularity, liquid rhinoplasty is not suitable for everyone. Individuals with certain medical disorders or structural issues in their noses may be better suited for surgical rhinoplasty.
Additional risk factors that to consider about liquid rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills include:
- Bruising and swelling are common after liquid rhinoplasty and usually resolve within a few days.
- Infections are rare but can occur.
- Allergic reactions can occur from sensitivity to the injectable facial filler.
- Lumps and bumps may form at the injection site and require additional treatments to correct.
- In rare cases, filler migration can occur to an unintended area and interfere with the desired outcome. Additional treatment is often necessary for correction.
- Numbness or tingling in the nose after the procedure.
- Scarring or skin discoloration from the injections can occur.
- Over or under correction that is not immediately noticeable.
- Serious complications include vision loss, breathing difficulties, and tissue death.
A consultation is necessary to ensure patients receive the most suitable rhinoplasty procedure recommendations to lower their overall treatment risks.
What Are the Benefits of Liquid Rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills?
Non-surgical nose jobs are noninvasive and ideal for those who are not yet ready for the permanent commitment of surgery but want to still reap the rewards of the procedure. Not everyone is thrilled at the idea of having incisions made to their face, especially the nose. Injectable facial fillers are administered via a fine needle and are far less traumatic.
Liquid rhinoplasty offers patients the following benefits.
- Patients can see their results immediately after the procedure, unlike traditional rhinoplasty where the results gradually develop over several weeks to months.
- Patients receive a local anesthetic to numb the area around the nose and minimize discomfort.
- Precise results when reshaping and augmenting the bridge, tip, nostrils, and other areas of the nose.
- Liquid rhinoplasty is a safe and effective non-surgical alternative to nose job surgery.
- Temporary results that last six months or longer.
- Flexibility of trying out different aesthetic changes for several months at a time while considering a certain look or permanent changes. Non-surgical rhinoplasty results are reversible.
- Liquid rhinoplasty is less expensive than surgical rhinoplasty.
- No recovery time, patients can return to normal activities immediately after the procedure.
Before deciding to undergo liquid rhinoplasty, schedule a consultation with Dr. Behrooz A. Torkian in Beverly Hills.
Before treatment becomes an option, Dr. Torkian meets with patients during a consultation to discuss their concerns and goals. He then performs an examination of their nose, reviews their medical history, and may also request diagnostic tests before providing his professional recommendation on their suitability for liquid rhinoplasty and additional treatments that can provide patients with natural, yet stunning results.
For patients who are ineligible for liquid rhinoplasty, Dr. Torkian may suggest traditional rhinoplasty surgery and alternative procedures that are better suited for their situation.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills provides patients with nondramatic but noticeable enhancements that balance the face and complements its overall appearance. To learn more about liquid rhinoplasty and how you can benefit, contact Torkian Facial Plastic Surgery today!