Rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills is a surgical procedure that can fix a broken nose. Your nose is literally, front and center when it comes to playing the lead in your overall appearance. And because of its prominent location in the center of your face, when an accident happens, and your nose is broken, it can be extremely upsetting.
After having a broken nose, it’s common to wonder if you will ever again look like yourself. You might even ask yourself if you’ll ever be able to breathe as effortlessly as you did before. These fears and questions would cause anyone to feel self-conscious and worried, but there is really no reason to suffer.
Nose job surgery not only restores its function and look, but can also rebuild your confidence at the same time. Keep reading to learn how.
What Happens When You Break Your Nose
Unfortunately, a broken nose means you’ve damaged the bones or cartilage in that area due to some level of injury or trauma. Often, this happens due to a sports-related collusion, a physical fight, a car accident, or a bad fall. Depending on the severity of the incident, you might find yourself with only a tiny fracture or a more serious displacement of nasal bones. Any trauma to the nose can be scary and typically leads to a myriad of concerns, including:
- Physical Implications: The physical implications of a broken nose extend beyond the obvious visible deformity. Common symptoms include swelling, bruising, difficulty breathing through the nose, pain, and tenderness. The nasal septum, which divides the two nostrils, can also be affected, leading to septal deviation and nasal obstruction. These functional issues can cause breathing difficulties, chronic sinusitis, and snoring, impacting sleep quality and overall well-being.
- Psychological Issues: A broken nose can also cause a loss of confidence and self-esteem. Some individuals who have broken their noses in the past feel self-conscious in social situations and avoid eye contact whenever possible. The stress and emotional challenges can also cause feelings of isolation, anxiety, and even depression. It’s not uncommon for impacted individuals to feel subconscious of how they believe others may perceive any imperfections or irregularities with their noses. Rhinoplasty is the answer for those who want to fix their nose and regain their confidence.
Rebuilding Your Confidence With Rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills
Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that repairs and reshapes the nose. After a person breaks their nose, the surgery is generally seen as not only healing for the patient, both physically and emotionally, but also transformative, as they feel as if they’ve been given a fresh start after trauma.
However, as wonderful as this may sound, no surgical procedure is ever truly without risks. Therefore, it’s important to thoroughly understand the surgical process and what it entails. If you’ve broken your nose and want to begin the journey to rebuilding your confidence with rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills, consider the following tips:
- Find a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon: If you’ve just broken your nose, it’s likely you’ve already been given a referral from an emergency doctor for a plastic surgeon. While you should definitely research any referrals you are given at the time of injury, you should also do your due diligence to research other board-certified rhinoplasty surgeons available to you that may be an even better fit. Take time to review your insurance coverage, and the surgeon’s credentials, experience level, and specializations. Schedule consultations to look at before and after nose job patient pictures, ask questions and assess the surgeon’s bedside manner and your overall comfort. Read reviews and always trust your instincts before going under the knife. Don’t be so quick to fix your nose that you cut corners and end up unsatisfied with the experience or results.
- Understand the risks: No surgery is 100% risk-free, and rhinoplasty is no different. A qualified and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in Beverly Hills will always take the time to explain the risks associated with surgery. Make sure you understand the preparation involved, the side effects, and the recovery time. Your surgeon will review your medical history early on to reduce any risks associated with your rhinoplasty.
- Be prepared for the after-care: Ensure you clearly understand everything involved with taking care of your nose and face after surgery. Depending on the complexity of your rhinoplasty, bruising, and swelling may be more or less than what you might have originally imagined and you may even look worse before you begin to look better. After-care instructions will be provided and it’s important to follow them for the best outcome.
- Manage your expectations: It’s common to be unsure or fearful about how you will look and feel after rhinoplasty. It’s helpful to view before and after photos of similar nose jobs so you can have realistic expectations of how your nose will heal and look after surgery. Understand it may take many months before your nose is fully healed and you’re looking your best.
The Benefits of Rhinoplasty After a Broken Nose
Now that you’ve done all the proper research and are ready to proceed with your rhinoplasty to fix your broken nose, here’s a rundown of the benefits:
- Aesthetic improvement: Rhinoplasty corrects aesthetic concerns you may have about your broken nose. Qualified rhinoplasty surgeons are skilled at reshaping the nose to create a more harmonious facial balance and symmetry. Rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills can correct all sorts of physical imperfections of the nose, including a crooked nasal bridge, a drooping nasal tip, or a deviated septum to boost patients’ self-confidence and self-image.
- Functional improvements: Realigning and reshaping the bones and cartilage of the nose improves physical defects that impair breathing and nasal function. Functional rhinoplasty makes it easier for patients to breathe, sleep, and can reduce respiratory infections and symptoms. These functional improvements have a direct impact on overall health and quality of life.
- Psychological benefits: The psychological benefits of rhinoplasty extend far beyond the physical and cosmetic improvements. As you see your broken nose transformed into a more aesthetically pleasing and symmetrical feature, you will likely feel much more confident about yourself. There will be no more hiding or averting your eyes, and you’ll find yourself more comfortably engaging with others. The restored confidence and improved self-esteem can easily lead to improvements in your personal relationships, career opportunities, and overall happiness.
A broken nose can be very distressing, both physically and emotionally, even after it heals. However, thanks to rhinoplasty, there’s no longer a need to suffer with the consequences of a broken nose. Rhinoplasty offers a comprehensive solution that goes beyond merely fixing the physical or cosmetic damage with minimal swelling, bruising, and scarring.
If you’re struggling with the aftermath of a broken nose, don’t hesitate to schedule a rhinoplasty consultation in Beverly Hills today.