Rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills is commonly associated with women who want to fine-tune or enhance their noses to achieve a more beautiful aesthetic. However, did you know that there is a growing trend of men turning to rhinoplasty to achieve a more masculine appearance? In recent years, rhinoplasty has emerged as a transformative option that men are using to improve their looks and increase their confidence.
In today’s blog, let’s break down why men are turning to the procedure in droves and reporting high satisfaction rates around how they look and feel afterward.
Understanding Male Rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills
Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure that reshapes or enhances the nose. Plastic surgeons aim to achieve balance and harmony among the facial features by altering the shape, structure, or size of the nose. While the fundamental principles of rhinoplasty apply to everyone, male rhinoplasty involves unique considerations, such as:
- Aesthetics: Generally, men look to have rhinoplasty when feeling discouraged about how their nose looks in comparison to the rest of their face or when comparing themselves to other men. Often men are hoping to address specific concerns, such as a large nose, a noticeable nasal bump, a broad nasal bridge, or a rounded nasal tip. It’s common for men to also simply feel as if their nose does not appear as masculine as they would prefer.
- Improving Nasal Functionality: In addition, men typically seek out rhinoplasty to tackle problems associated with the nasal passage. Uncomfortable conditions such as a deviated septum, nasal obstructions, or other structural abnormalities can impede breathing, cause discomfort, snoring, and adversely affect their quality of life.
Sometimes, men will come in to have rhinoplasty for both aesthetic and functional reasons. For example, after an unfortunate physical altercation, they may have a broken nose that now needs to be reshaped to aesthetically fix the damage as well as return it to normal function. In these cases, men can even be thankful for the brawl that ended in a new and improved nose, unexpectedly walking out more confidently than they came in.
Enhancing Masculinity Through Rhinoplasty
With male rhinoplasty, it’s also important to note that the goal is not to erase or alter one’s identity but to simply refine or strengthen existing traits in a way that looks and feels natural. The best surgeons are careful to keep in mind the characteristics that define a man’s appearance and enhance them in a way that will only increase their confidence and overall sense of well-being.
Rhinoplasty is two-fold in that it not only alleviates the emotions associated with dissatisfaction but also typically improves overall happiness with oneself. As a result of the surgery, men may find themselves feeling content and at peace with their appearance like never before. In particular, they often experience:
- Increased Social Confidence: One notable psychological impact of rhinoplasty is the immediate boost in confidence. When a man likes how he looks, he is more likely to report feeling confident. Men tend to exhibit their newfound confidence by engaging more deeply in social interactions they once shied away from, forging stronger relationships, and seeking out more ambitious career goals. By losing their previous inhibitions about their looks, they develop more self-esteem.
- Reduced Anxiety and Depression: Rhinoplasty can also have an impact on mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression. Research shows that when men are unhappy with their appearance it can contribute to feelings of sadness and low self-worth that can manifest as anxiety and/or depression. For men who feel their nose is holding them back in life, rhinoplasty can help to alleviate those troubling emotions. It’s an improvement that many men feel is worth it to gain peace of mind and overall emotional well-being.
How to Find an Experienced Male Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Beverly Hills
If you’re a man suffering from low self-esteem and poor quality of life because of how you feel your nose looks, it’s reassuring to know there is a solution. A qualified plastic surgeon can work with you to achieve a nose you can be proud of, thereby setting you on a path to increased confidence. However, many surgeons aren’t well-trained or experienced in working with men specifically, and that can lead to a negative experience. So how do you find a rhinoplasty surgeon that is appropriate for men? Consider these tips:
- Research: Always begin your search by checking potential plastic surgeons’ credentials. Ensure that any plastic surgeon you’re considering is board certified with years of rhinoplasty experience specifically in men. Ask for referrals and always do your due diligence to receive answers to any questions you may have. Additionally, if you are needing to fix your nose after a botched rhinoplasty, make sure the new surgeon you’re considering is experienced with revision male rhinoplasty.
- Set up a consultation: Take the time to sit down with the plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills and ask to see before and after pictures of men with similar facial features and characteristics. A qualified surgeon will be able to speak to the issues that plague some men when it comes to their appearance, such as the lack of masculine facial features. They should be able to tell you exactly what they’re going to do to enhance your nose in a way that resonates with you. You should feel comfortable about their level of expertise and artistry when it comes specifically to rhinoplasty for men.
- Understand the technique that will be utilized: Typically, male rhinoplasty involves an open incision or closed incision. The technique your plastic surgeon ultimately utilizes will in part be determined by the complexity involved. The technique will also impact how your nose heals. This should be thoroughly discussed and understood before undergoing surgery.
It’s clear that rhinoplasty is not only for women. Many men look to the procedure to not only enhance their nose, but also give themselves a more masculine look, and in turn, increase their overall confidence. Whether it’s due to aesthetics, function, or both, men today shouldn’t feel shy about doing whatever they feel is needed to better themselves and boost their confidence. The positive psychological impact of male rhinoplasty can be significant and last a lifetime.
If you’re thinking about male rhinoplasty in Beverly Hills and whether or not it’s appropriate for you, don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation today with a rhinoplasty surgeon who has a deep understanding of all the intricacies of male facial anatomy and has performed countless rhinoplasties for men.