Have you ever wondered how Hollywood actors get chosen? Today’s guest, Danielle Eskinazi, is an award-winning casting director with the ability to spot potential where others can’t. She started working in the entertainment industry more than twenty years ago and has cast incredible actors, such as Milla Jovovich, Hank Azaria, Woody Harrelson, and David Bowie. Producers and directors trust her creativity to find actors that suit their needs. Authenticity and personality are what she prioritizes in castings. And in her workshops, she teaches how to give a truthful performance.
- Danielle shares how she started working as a casting director without experience and developed a unique eye-spotting talent.
- The importance of confidence and authenticity in castings.
- Listening to what directors are looking for and giving them direction.
- Transitioning actors into different roles that correspond more to their age.
- She thinks commercials are more challenging for her job than movies.
- Danielle insists that actors need to keep on working and studying to get better.