This week, I want to go over some of the common issues that come up in my practice, specifically regarding airway obstruction. Many patients come in for rhinoplasties and think their breathing is fine, but I find there’s actually some issue that is obstructing their airway and needs to be addressed. So, in this episode, I cover some common causes of airway obstruction, how they can be diagnosed, and what can be done to solve them.
- How do you find out if you have a deviated septum?
- What inferior turbinates are and why they’re important for breathing.
- How a nasal valve collapse could be affecting your airways without you even realizing it.
- Why it’s important to address the airway even during a cosmetic rhinoplasty.
- Not all plastic surgeons are equal: why you should seek a specialized facial plastic surgeon for your rhinoplasty or septoplasty.
- Why you shouldn’t actually breathe through your nose the whole time when you’re exercising.