When being a director in the movie industry, beauty plays a huge role in delivering the most stunning and breathtaking scenes on the big screen. Today on Beauty in Progress, Gabriela Tagliavini tells us everything about her view on beauty as an award winning filmmaker. Moreover, Gabriela has directed seven feature films and the three most viewed movies in Mexico and Spain: she is one of the most well recognized Latino filmmakers in the Hollywood industry!
- Gabriela describes what she looks for when selecting talents for her movies, and how important it is to have the “IT” factor in order to be chosen for the role.
- How the standards of beauty in the Hollywood industry evolved and the importance of understanding that each one of us has a different perspective of what’s beautiful
- Gabriela describes a reality that can be found in Hollywood: your appearance does determine the kind of roles you are most likely to get, so it’s really important to keep in mind that a more natural look is what is often searched for so that it can mold into diverse roles.
- There also is another reality that Gabriela recognizes: the perfect picture of an actress or actor in a movie is achieved with a lot of hard work and a big team behind the scenes. Nobody is THAT perfect all of the time!
- Gabriela believes that her movies are so successful because they empower women and help them realize that each one of them is different and beautiful in their own way.
In this particular context that we are living in, Gabriela has allowed herself to spend some more time in reading and preparing new projects for the future.