A picture is worth a thousand words! Kiyana Tehrani is a Los Angeles-born photographer and creative director who specializes in fashion portraits and highlights the utter beauty in anyone. She is a true artist and portraitist who feels free and brave when she works. Capturing real beauty is one of her constant goals, so she uses little editing on her models to achieve a true and unique expression in each image. For the past 8 years, she has been honing her ability to lead creatively and produce her own sessions. At this moment, she is in constant exploration to tell a story behind each picture, looking for models that do not fall under the classic term of beauty, but rather with edgier characteristics that stand out, representing real characteristics. As she says, “The perfect imperfect.”
- Kiyana explains why she looks forward to shooting people that don’t fall under the classic term of beauty.
- She tells how influencers edit their photographs and how a certain camera lens can change the way someone looks.
- Kiyana talks about the competition in the photography world and the struggles of being a freelancer.
- She says how hard model agencies are and why she still doesn’t portrait herself.
- Kiyana explains she would like to work with Gucci, because they do edgy stuff.