I’m back after a short hiatus due to a “zoom boom” in the industry, and for a few episodes, instead of chatting with a guest, I’m going to take some time to discuss cosmetic surgery and cosmetic medicine so that prospective patients can learn a little bit about it. In this episode, I’m dispelling the myths of facial fillers and answering some common questions that I receive about them.
- How fillers can stack up over time, eventually looking like “too much work.”
- Why do patients sometimes ask for more filler even when it isn’t necessary?
- Why do I sometimes tell patients that surgery or fillers are not a great option at that time?
- The areas of the face that typically decrease in volume are great places for fillers.
- What causes filler migration, and how common is this?
- Can fillers or Botox prevent the aging process?