If it’s natural, it’s better! Today’s guest is Pekela Riley, hair care consultant, master stylist, and founder of Salon PK and Pure + True Texture. Pekela had a difficult childhood, but she never let that stop her from going on her way. Her mother inspired her to overcome obstacles and challenge her creativity, so while she was studying nursing, she switched to cosmetology school. Six months after starting cosmetology, she went full-time to a salon to pursue her career as a professional stylist. Working with passion and determination paid off because today she is recognized around the world as one of the pioneering stylists of the natural hair movement, and her Salon PK became a recognized styling house included in Elle magazine as one of the “100 best hair salons of the US.” With a unique vision, she is truly an elite expert and one of the beauty industry’s most innovative talents, always staying on trend and looking for the next cutting edge.
- Pekela tells what the Pure + Texture philosophy is and how it started.
- She explains why we can have a bad hair day, but there is no bad hair.
- Her inspiration to get into the beauty industry was a mother who inspired her to challenge her creativity.
- Changes in the world of beauty with the pandemic have expanded the scope of beauty and even service.
- She says how she tracks the latest trends to surprise her clients.
- She believes that with the looks she achieves, she can show a hidden part of a person.
The protective style integrates extensions to allow the hair to rest.