We invite you to know the story of someone who succeeded in the beauty industry and decided to change it for the better! Thatiana Diaz is a senior editor and beauty contributor for Refinery29. She leads the editorial strategy, ideation, and execution of Somos, Refinery29’s first Latino multiplatform channel. Thatiana produces deeply informed beauty pieces and exclusive celebrity features. She joined Refinery29 from People en Español, where she launched Chica, Meredith’s first brand targeting Latino millennials. As a teenager, she got into the world of pageants, and she was successful as she was Miss New York USA 2015 and a finalist in Miss Dominican Republic Universe. Once she left that world behind, she studied Communication Studies at Pace University, graduating magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts. Her passion is covering beauty from different perspectives and gaining visibility and proper representation for Latinos in the media.
Enhancing Latinx Beauty with Refinery29 Senior Editor Thatiana Diaz
Check out past episodes!
Join us on our website for more information on cosmetic surgery.
- Thatiana tells why she jumped from beauty pageants to journalism.
- She says how she thinks and chooses the stories told in Somos.
- She shares her opinion on current beauty trends.
- Thatiana explains the fears and insecurities she had being part of beauty pageants.
- Why she believes filters in social media are a problem.
- Importance of achieving a more diverse and accurate representation of Latins.
- She says how the pandemic changed our view of ourselves and what we consider beautiful.