Our need to fit into society and our deep desire to be loved and accepted is what led Cris Saur, today’s guest, to start filming the movie that later on saved her life: Quest for Beauty. This documentary is about Cris searching for the real meaning of beauty across 12 countries, after leaving an abusive relationship and working as a model for over a decade. In addition, Cris has won several prizes for the movies she has filmed and she is an active and engaged member of IDA (the International Documentary Association).
- Cris explains how being a model and aging in the fashion world caused her to feel very pressured and insecure about herself and eventually caused her to lose the true meaning of beauty
- Cris describes how after leaving a psychologically, emotionally and physically abusive relationship, she got the idea of filming the documentary Quest for Beauty and how she started searching for that lost meaning
- How Quest for Beauty actually helped Cris heal from within and grow into a more self-loving person
- Cris talks about the pressure and negativity that teenage girls experience every day on social media and how this must be stopped
- Cris gives some advice for anyone who is struggling with sadness, and insists on the importance of embracing yourself for who you really are