A unique fashion icon, Valerie Von Sobel has done it all – actress, model, philanthropist, you name it. She escaped from Hungary during the Communist era to Toronto. In 1995 her son passed away of a brain tumor. Within that time her mother also passed away and her husband took his own life. In 2000, she responded by opening the Andre Sobel River of Life Foundation, which is dedicated to supporting single parents with terminally ill children. In today’s episode we jump into the mind of one of the most curious and strongest souls in the fashion world.
The Layers of Beauty with Valerie Von Sobel
Check out past episodes!
Join us on our website for more information on cosmetic surgery.
- Embellishing oneself and how makeup doesn’t equal beauty
- Valerie’s concerns about the lack of scientific progress on medulloblastoma
- How technology has been incorporated into beauty and Valerie’s thoughts on technology being “anti thinking”
- Valerie’s point of view on the COVID-19 pandemic
- The pros and cons of genetic modification
- Valerie’s concerns regarding not policing the internet
- The boundaries of plastic surgery